There’s no standard approach to mobile app design. There’s a variety of ways that it can be done ranging from outsourcing to doing it “in-house.” Like anything in life, there’s tradeoffs to each approach.
I’ve previously addressed building a mobile app using outsourcing in the aspect of the time/money difference. If it’s right the first time out, nothing is lost, otherwise, you lose out on both. With the youth entering the work force now, there is a possibility that these new employees are getting the skills necessary to develop the mobile app. For those that do not, that’s where we come in.
Mobile apps are quickly becoming a necessity given that they are one of the best ways to reach their clients. I’ve spoken about engaging via things such as push notifications/text messages, loyalty programs, and other things as well.
There’s still one problem for some businesses that they need to overcome-cost of creating a quality mobile app.
Here’s some other findings as described in survey results from the Manifest:
- Almost half of small businesses (47%) with more than 50 employees have had an app since before 2017.
- Nearly one-third of small businesses (30%) with only 1 employee say they do not have a mobile app and are unlikely to in the future.
- Nearly half of small businesses (48%) spent less than $25,000 to design, launch, and build their mobile app, though experts caution that smaller budgets may not produce a successful product.
- Almost half of small businesses (46%) rely on in-house staff to help with their mobile app, while 41% use a freelancer or consultant.
- 30% of small businesses with just one employee are UNLIKELY to build a mobile app.
Some quick takeaways:
it’s still possible to get in on the mobile app business and have an advantage over your competition. Market saturation is 77% in the United States yet the majority of businesses don’t have a mobile app as reported by Pew Internet.
The cost prohibitive part can be mitigated in very short order even though the use of our services. Give us your website and social media information and we’ll get the mobile app created for you within 48 hours for no cost to you at all.
We are best suited to help a business that’s looking to have a mobile app made yet doesn’t have the in house resources and wishes to focus on serving their clients. We are looking to serve you in short order.